Monday, March 1, 2010

From Paris, with like

This past weekend I saw a movie, and no it was not From Paris with Love, it was Shutter Island.  That was probably one of the best psychological thrillers I've seen in a while.  The twists in the plot were real twists, and at the end, I was mentally exhausted, which is always a good thing after a movie, if you ask me.  Just as a side note, I would strongly recommend seeing it.

Now, onto the fashion!



This fly fille (girl) in the metro really caught my eye because although she was wearing all basics, a black coat, black tights, black bag, she had these great red booties on!  If you want to play with color in a subtle way, I would say shoes are the way to go, for sure, and this girl did it right.
I saw this bag in front of me on the metro and decided if I couldnt steal it, I could at least take a picture of it.  This is the ideal metro bad à mon avis (in my opinion) because the outside pocket zips shut.  Try to steal this chicks navigo, crazy french pickpockets!
 
 
This is another one of those outfits I'm on the fence about.  It's great that this woman feels confident enough in it to just chill in the metro reading, but at the same time I'm thinking "green leg warmers with flowery tights?"  But the real thing I want to ask is what is in that shopping bag!  Would whatever she just bought make me ask the same type o question and put her in my blog?  I think overall though, because she looks so fine with herself, I like the outfit.  Very similar to the case of the striped pants girl, if y'all remember her.

Oh I love me some French men looking fly.  Ce mec (this guy) is not only sporting a scarf (très français), but he is also wearing pointy toed shoes and carrying a bag.  I know its  a laptop bag, but it is a bag nonetheless and rarely in America would one see a man dressed this fly.  I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
Here we have yet another fly fille with a very basic outfit but standout shoes.  I really really like there little booties shes wearing, they look not only cute cute cute but also very practical.  I think pretty much anyone could wear a heel like that all day and not die from the pain.
I wish I had gotten a photo of this girl from the front, but alas, that is very difficult to do without the person noticing.  The color of this manteau (coat, for those of you who don't remember) is what really caught my eye.  Its so different than the other basic blacks one normally see's.  Anyway, the color of the coat, along with the color of the scarf, and the boots (because everyone knows it's hard to go wrong with a good pair of boots), make this outfit an a+ in my opinion.

Isn't this bag fab?!  I was behind it going down all 284 steps from the top of l'Arc de Triomphe, and guess what?  This bag belongs to un homme (a man)!  I wish it belonged to me.  I love a rich brown leather bag with outside pockets and two types of handles.  Excusez-moi monsieur, can I have it please?

The rest of these photos are from the showroom at my french fashion PR firm.  I hope y'all like them as much as I do!

 
 Fly shit, right?  I love that this is where I'm working, even if all I'm doing is finding contact info for ther fashion brands and retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment